By Bobbi Ireland
Utilizing basic resources from the Library of Congress site, this specific school room source offers ready-to-use lesson plans, research instruments, and rubrics in response to Abraham Lincoln and his era.
• contains over 20 lesson plans in keeping with written records and art/humanities basic resources from Abraham Lincoln's era
• bargains research instruments and evaluate rubrics
• offers a variety of reproducibles and lesson plans
• important indexes provide entry to the entries by means of significant be aware or subject
Read or Download Abraham Lincoln and His Era. Using the American Memory Project to Teach with Primary Sources PDF
Best library management books
Are you doing the task of a librarian with no the good thing about a library measure or specialist adventure? Do you ask yourself what you have got overlooked in formal library schooling, how hugely knowledgeable librarians remain on best in their video game, or what abilities and traits library administrators search for? Have we received the booklet for you!
Geared toward execs inside of Library and data providers (LIS), this publication is set the administration of expertise in a strategic context. The ebook is written opposed to a backdrop of the total transformation of LIS during the last two decades because of know-how. The ebook goals to supply managers and scholars of LIS in any respect degrees with the required rules, methods and instruments to reply successfully and successfully to the consistent improvement of recent applied sciences, either regularly and in the Library and knowledge companies occupation particularly.
Versions and strategies for operational hazards evaluate and mitigation are gaining significance in monetary associations, healthcare corporations, undefined, companies and companies more often than not. This publication introduces sleek Operational chance administration and describes how a variety of info assets of other kinds, either numeric and semantic resources resembling textual content could be built-in and analyzed.
The learn provides distinctive info at the interlibrary mortgage operations of roughly 50 schools and universities with information damaged out for various sorts of better schooling associations and by means of different variables, resembling for private and non-private associations, and by means of collage enrollment point. The record provides special info on turnaround occasions for varied different types of interlibrary personal loan borrowing and lending requests, use of know-how and companies, effect of distance studying and MOOCs on interlibrary personal loan, copyright and open entry matters, the executive jurisdiction of the interlibrary mortgage division, departmental rate constitution, body of workers benchmarks, developments in departmental budgets and different matters in interlibrary mortgage administration.
- Libraries in the Information Age: An Introduction and Career Exploration
- Creating the Customer-Driven Academic Library
- The ABCs of collaborative change: the manager's guide to library renewal
- Care of Collections (Leicester Readers in Museum Studies)
- Whole Library Handbook 4: Current Data, Professional Advice, and Curiosa about Libraries and Library Services (Whole Library Handbook)
- Transitioning from Librarian to Middle Manager
Extra info for Abraham Lincoln and His Era. Using the American Memory Project to Teach with Primary Sources
Could not be heard because of low volume level. Posture/Eye Contact Stands up straight, looks relaxed yet confident. Great eye contact during the presentation. Stands up straight, somewhat confident. Good eye contact with during the presentation. Stands up straight occasionally. Some eye contact during the presentation. Slouches. No eye contact during the presentation. Planning Completely prepared. Practiced for presentation. Well prepared for presentation. Fairly prepared for the presentation.
Each group will create a multimedia presentation showing the events that lead up to the inauguration of Abraham Lincoln. The students should include points used in the primary source by Ms. Matie as to why she was against it. The students will include several reasons why people were for and against Mr. Lincoln. Additional research can be done as a group or as individuals. 3. After the learning groups have created the presentations, each group will show the presentations to the class. Extension (One or two class periods) The students can choose to do the following: • Find an additional primary source on the Library of Congress Web site that expresses support or concern for Lincoln’s inauguration.
2. Lead the class in a discussion regarding the letter. The students will work independently and will write a journal from Abraham Lincoln’s point of view. 26 Chapter 3: Lesson Plans Using Rubrics to Evaluate Students’ Performance Extension (One or two class periods) The students can choose to do the following: • Predict what happened next and draw conclusions about the situation. This is written in essay format. • Evaluate the effectiveness of the letter with oral discussion. • Write a newspaper article in place of the letter.
Abraham Lincoln and His Era. Using the American Memory Project to Teach with Primary Sources by Bobbi Ireland